Conflict is destructive when:
- Takes attention away from other important activities
- Undermines morale or self-concept
- Polarizes people and groups, redoing cooperation
- Increases or sharpens difference
- Leads to irresponsible and harmful behaviour, such as fighting and name calling.
Conflict is constructive when:
- Results in clarification of important problems and issues
- Results in solutions to problems
- Involves people in resolving issues important to them
- Causes authentic communication
- Helps release emotion, anxiety and stress
- Builds cooperation among people through learning more about each other: conflict resolution
- Helps individuals develop understanding and skills
If it is well managed, conflict can have positive outcomes.
Mediation is a method to conflict resolution provided by Cooney Carey.
What questions do you have?
We are happy to help. Please post your comment below or call Lisa Byrne, Audit Manager at Cooney Carey, on 01 677 9000. Alternatively, send her an email: email@example.com
If this article helped you, please share it with other businesses.
Posted on August 18, 2017 by Cooney Carey